Enrollment in UCNS
The UCNS Enrollment Process
- UCNS will use the following priority status when considering applications:
- Current students
- Siblings of current students
- Children of United Church of Rowayton (UCR) members
- Students of Maureen Bloom’s PlaydatesAll other applicants
- In December of the current school year, current students, siblings, and alumni will register for the following year. For families of church members and all other new students not affiliated with the school or the church, inquiries regarding the following school year will be considered on or after November 1st, and applications will be accepted beginning November 1st. Get the application here.
- Completed applications should be returned along with a non-refundable $80.00 registration fee. Applications received without the $80.00 registration fee will not be accepted. Checks should be made out to UCNS. Mail the application and fee to: UCNS-ENROLLMENT, P.O. Box 157, Rowayton, CT 06853.
- If a spot is available for your child, you will be notified, and an enrollment contract will be sent to you. We require that you sign the enrollment contract, and return a signed copy along with a $500 non-refundable deposit in order to secure a spot for your child in our following school year program. Your enrollment contract must be returned to UCNS within one week of receiving it. If we do not receive it within one week, we will open up your spot to the next applicant on our waiting list.
- FOR THOSE APPLYING TO THE THREES AND FOURS: There are eighteen (18) spaces each in our Threes and Fours programs. All children currently enrolled in our current Twos and Threes programs will be accepted into our following school year programs. The remaining applicants will be accepted according to the enrollment priority status above.
- FOR THOSE APPLYING TO THE PRE‐K PROGRAM: There are twelve (12) spaces in our Pre-K Program. Enrollment priority is defined ;above. If there are more than twelve current fours applying to the program, enrollment priority will be based on the enrollment date for the current school year, and the enrollment priority status defined above.
- UCNS reserves the right to consider the boy/girl ratio when placing children. UCNS cannot guarantee specific requests for class placement.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paula Keller, Director, UCNS, at 203-853-3554, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application & Tuition Agreement
All applications must be returned by mail. An $80 non-refundable, non-transferable registration fee is due with a completed application.
Every family will sign a tuition agreement stating they agree to enrol their child in UCNS and will comply with our fee structure and payment schedule. A $500 non-refundable or transferable deposit must accompany each agreement to ensure a place. This deposit is included in the annual tuition fee.
Enrollment is for the entire school year. Fees will not be prorated for absences or days lost due to inclement weather. Payments must be made by CHECK or MONEY ORDER made out to “UNITED CHURCH NURSERY SCHOOL.” Payments can be left in the UCNS Treasurer’s Mailbox at school or mailed to:
United Church Nursery School
P.O. Box 157
Rowayton, CT 06853
Attn: Treasurer A $25 fee will be assessed for each check returned to the school for insufficient funds.